Sunday 5 June 2011

Henchman Squad

I've been building converting a deathwatch marine squad for the Grey Knights. Going by the old deathwatch kill team rules they can either be led by a marine captain or librarian but the GK codex does not include these (in power armour). The GK codex though does include an Ordo Xeno's inquisitor. As the deathwatch are part of ordo xeno's  this seams like an ideal choice.




As the army will include an inquisitor it can also include a henchman squad. As these squad can be quite characterful and 'fluffy' I'm going to have one!

Now for the composition of the henchman squad I first thought about including a shooting squad. e.g. gun servitor and monkeys. I decided not to though as most of the other stuff in my army shoots. What my army does lack though is a hard hitting close combat squad with lots of attacks.

As such I've decided to include 3 types of henchmen in my squad. Deathcult assassins, banishers and arco-flagellants. 4 DCA for high initiative power weapon attacks. 2 Banishers with eviscerator for anti vehicle. 2 Arco-flagellants for lots of high strength attacks.

Now this squad is going to be led by the OX inquisitor who will have rad grenades and hammerhand. This will mean on the charge the unit will hit with -
16 I6 S5 power weapon attacks
4 I1 S8 power weapon attacks
10 I3 S6
6 I3 S4 force weapon attacks

Now as must infantry has a T3 or 4 and the inquisitor has rad grenades that's potentially 14 hit that will cause ID. After being hit by this squad I don't think much will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment