Monday 16 May 2011

Rapid Strike 2011 - Review

I attended Spiky clubs 1 day, 40K tournament Rapid strike 2011 on Sunday and came a, what I consider, respectable 20th out of 44. The day consisted of three games at 1500 points. I achieved 1 win, 1 loss and 1 draw.


Game 1 - Jen Chapman – IG
Jen had – Griffin, punisher, demolisher, valkery with command squad, outflanking stormtroopers, outflanking ‘blob’ squad with al harim
Capture and control – dawn of war
Result – Draw, I achieved all 3 bonus points. (kill enemy HQ, be nearest centre, have a scoring unit in enemy deployment zone)
Highlights – at one point in the game my dreadknight killed 32 imperial guardsmen, which had outflanked, in 1 go.


Game 2 – Leo Midwinter – Dark Eldar
Leo had lance and poison spam
Sieze ground (4 objectives) – Spearhead
Almost got tabled – 2 bonus points
Highlight – Leo stole initiative. I couldn’t pen armour, and when I did, I couldn’t damage vehicles. My dreadknight died for the first time. 1st time in 7 games, and people said he’d die easily!


Game 3 - Andrew Bampton – Ork Warbikes
Adam had – 2 big nob biker squads, each led by warboss
Annihilation – pitched battle
Big win
Highlights – my first shot from the assassin killed a painboy, he killed assassin and dreadnought then turbo boosted around the table. I ran after him and shot lots. He conceded mid turn 7

All in all a good tournament and a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment