Wednesday 21 September 2011

Mirrror Match

Had my first grey knight 'v' grey knight game last night. Game was capture and control with dawn of war set up at 2000 points, ended in a draw.

I used my 1500 point force with a few additions. Added a techmarine to the purifier squad, which I bulked out to 10 men. Also made the assault cannon dread into a venerable dread and bulked the terminators to 10 men.

He had an 'in your face' army of 2 dreadknights, deathcult in a stormraven and several terminator squads. This was all led by corteaz and a brotherhood champion.

Basically he stormed my objective and I stormed his. Although both armies work quite differently, depite being the same, we cancelled each other out.

Turn 5 would have ended in a draw, turn 6 was a draw, game did end here. We played a turn 7 to see 'what if' and I 'would' have won due his inability to kill a razorback with 10 terminators. Made up for me first round of shooting where I didn't kill a thing! A moral victory for me though!

No comments:

Post a Comment