Saturday 29 January 2011

My gaming background/ origin

      It makes sense that my first post is about what I intend this blog to be about and my gaming background. So here goes

     I have quite a sizable 40K Ultramarine army covering many types of build (mech, bike, terminator, dread heavy, tank heavy, foot slog) and a small, but high points cost, Grey Knights army.

     With games workshop's recent announcement that they are going to release a new Grey Knights codex I’ve decided to update my current GK army and blog it as I go along. This will be both the modeling and playing of them.

As well as looking at my GK army as it builds up I’ll keep you updated with the adventures of the Ultramarines’s under my command.

And now for a brief overview of my gaming history

Late 80’s
                Fighting fantasy books, advanced fighting fantasy books, hero quest

Early 90’s (Rouge trader era)
                40K (marines with Grey Knight allies), WFB 1ed (empire)

Mid 90’s
                40K 2ed (Ultramarines, Space Wolves, both with assassins), blood bowl (undead), epic 40K (imperial guard, space marines)

Late 90’s
                continued as mid 90’s then women

Early 00’s
                Women!

Mid 00’s
                Women, 40K (Ultramarines)

Late 00’s
40K (Ultramarines, Grey Knights)

Early 10’s (modern day!)
                40K (Ultramarines, Grey Knights)

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember GW releasing a game or expansion called "Women!" ...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete